HOW WE ENSURE BUSINESS CONTINUITY IN THE WAKE OF CORONAVIRUS:
- We have issued all employees with guidelines on how to recognise symptoms, and how to maintain robust infection control practices. All our staff members are routinely tested periodically (currently weekly) for Covid-19. Staff members who are symptomatic or have a member of a household who is symptomatic are required to refrain from reporting to work and self-isolate for 14 days.
- We have a good complement of staff team who know the residents and their families well. We will endeavour to avoid using agency staff as far as possible to minimise risks of contaminating the home.
- We continue to update our staff on virus prevention training methods. Upon completion of each training module, staff will be tested to ensure they are all aware of best practices.
- When visiting resumes, Visiting Family Members and Friends will only be permitted to visit if they self-certify to confirm adherence to our strict terms and control protocols.
- We continue to encourage the use of Skype, Zoom or Facetime video chat facilities to supplement or reduce the need for face-to-face meetings.
- In the event of an outbreak at the home or in the vicinity or a resident becoming symptomatic, we will take appropriate measures in consultation with Public Health Wales, and all visiting will be suspended.
We will do everything possible in our power to protect our workforce and the people in our care.
ON-LINE VIDEO CONTACT DURING THE FESTIVE PERIOD
Families are encouraged to make use of digital technology to communicate with their loved ones whilst visiting remains suspended. We recommend Skype or Zoom.