TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VISITING
Visiting is permitted subject to the visitor abiding by our visitor policy and special terms and conditions aimed at protecting people. You will be asked to complete the pre-visit screen questionnaire to enable us to assess the risks on the day of your visit. You will also be asked to sign a Visitor Agreement and LFD Test Consent Form.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS?
- Our visiting arrangements are subject to risk assessment for each resident and will be reviewed every 2 weeks or at shorter intervals as necessary.
- Visiting will be suspended should anyone in the home become symptomatic or prove positive for Covid-19 and families or friends will be notified.
- There can be a maximum of two named designated visitors along with nominated deputies per resident and can be from different households. Maximum 2 adults or 1 adult plus 2 children from the same household will be permitted during the visit. Children (aged 5 and above) from the same household can accompany named adult. Children over the age 11 must wear masks.
- Resident will usually be escorted by a staff member to the visitor centre. Visits will be unsupervised for the duration unless risk assessment dictates otherwise. The designated visitor is expected to assume responsibility for the visit ensuring that the resident is supported and protected till staff member is summoned or returns to accompany the resident back into the care home.
- Visitor must comply with local or national lockdown rules and restrictions; observe social distancing and comply with our infection control protocols (hand sanitising and protection, face covering etc.) and visiting terms and conditions.
- Maximum two visits per week per resident may take place strictly by appointment booked via our on-line booking system or by telephone on 029-2040 8005.
- Visitors must arrive 40 minutes (reduced to 15 minutes if tested within 4 days and proof made available) prior to the designated visiting time and complete visitor questionnaire, sign visitor agreement and undertake Lateral Flow Test (LFD) as applicable. Late arrivals will result in cancellation of the visit.
- Visitors must arrive wearing their own face covering before being guided to testing area, hand sanitise and wear surgical mask supplied, retaining their own face covering for re-use when leaving at the end of the visit. Wait in their car for the LFD test result (takes up to 30 minutes). Please familiarise swab sampling technique in steps 1 & 2 of the youtube video at least once to enable you to take your own swab by following the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZASQbrKhAo
- Once negative test result is acknowledged, visitor will be escorted to the visitor centre. Wear clinical gloves supplied upon entering the visitor centre for the duration of the visit ensuring the mask and gloves are worn continuously. Remove and dispose gloves and masks in the bin provided upon exit and revert to wearing your own mask.
- Care home may refuse or terminate visiting at their discretion.
We will continue to review our procedures regularly and vary these restrictions (tighten or loosen as necessary) and communicate with families.
District Nurses, Doctors and other health professionals may enter the premises upon production of their ID, evidence of an LFD negative test results (test undertaken within 4 days) or confirmation of routine testing regime and wearing your own appropriate PPE. We will provide any additional PPE as required. Please ensure staff escort you to see your patient/resident by the shortest route possible to minimise contact with others.